I have spent nearly a decade marketing law firms of all sizes, practice areas and geographical locations and the one question I always ask to potential or existing clients is: “What are you doing that works?”
One of the interesting ideas I picked up from one of my clients, who is one of the most notable criminal attorneys in my home state was about how out of state attorneys find him on the Web. Well of course, being that I am his website designer and SEO specialist I had to know what I was doing right so I could improve upon it for all my clients.
He said, that the referrals he generates monthly from the website from other attorneys (usually out of state) is through the effective presentation of his criminal defense trial success. He said that the most important things to generate high quality attorney referrals was the following.
1. Be found. Make sure your SEO is comprehensive and you are bidding on key phrases on the major search engines.
2. Update the website frequently because it shows that the law firm is well organized.
3. Make sure your attorney biographies are well written as this is one of the most important and viewed pages of your law firm’s site for referring attorneys.
4. List as many testimonials as you can from satisfied clients and from other legal professionals.
5. Display as many of your awards, credentials, published legal works and association memberships as you can.
My client told me that he typically receives calls from the client themselves. The referral typically has already spoken with their attorney and the referring attorney after reviewing my client’s website assures the referral that my client is the one to help them. My client said, its almost like the referring attorney speaks to their client like we have know each other for years after reviewing our website.
If you would like to learn the criminal defense web marketing and out of state lead generation tips that are so good I won’t release on the website. Call me, James Greenier at (769) 218-6099. I have worked with 7 of the 10 most trafficked legal websites on the Web. I also have advised over 3,500 law firm clients since 2000.